Monday, July 11, 2011

Schaeffer: we know what we are so no need for superiority or inferiority

...another area of conflict and tension: the area of feelings of superiority and inferiority in relationship to other people.  Many of us move backwards and forwards between superiority and inferiority , almost like the swing of a pendulum...

...As a Christian I do not have to find my validity in my status, or by thinking myself above other men.  My validity and my status are found in being before the God who is there...I can deal with them without fearing that if I limit my superiority, my value, my validity, and status will be totally lost...

...I know who I am.  I am a creature.  I see myself in the light of having been created by God and in the light of the true , historic fall.  So I understand that this is what I am and what all other men are.

TS, pp125&126

No comments: