Thursday, April 23, 2009

#18 I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

Sorry - a bit late for finishing the third quarter of our mid-life crisis.

Surprisingly little to say about such a monster success really: I'm not a huge U2 fan, and only own The Joshua Tree. But I think it's a great album - and maybe U2 suffers for me in that, not only are the first three tracks their zenith, but actually they are three of the greatest tracks of the last 30 years. Getting everything in one go like that (although I also like Pride and bits and pieces from All That You Can't Leave Behind) has probably stalled me going much further with them. Still, there you go:

Spotify

1 comment:

minternational said...

Well, this is the first near-overlap we've had - I've been on the verge of posting the same song a few times recently....so I guess I'm in full approval mode for this one!

I love the whole gospel feel of this track; imho it often gets misunderstood and perhaps ought to be seen more in Philippians 3 light.

As for the start of the Joshua Tree, again I think you're spot on. Utterly great tracks. Funnily enough, their new album has a similar triad of great tracks to open and never sclaes those heights thereafter.

So: very many thanks, Mr Badger.