Monday, February 23, 2009

-charist

I heard about U2charists a couple of years ago, and had forgotten all about them til this (INMHO) great comment at Ref21.

I wish I had thought of that! But I didn't, so I'm jumping on the bandwagon now.

I would like to propose The Huey-Lewis-&-the-Newscharist: where a lot of middle-aged men dressed as Marty Mcfly proclaim in music and movement that God is The Power of Love, that the church should resist enculturisation because, as we all know, It's Hip to be Square; where we can share our wealth because We're Doing it All (for my baby), whilst feeling confident in the preservation of the saints (as we're Stuck With You), and restore Golden Bells to its rightful place, because we want to Get Back in Time.

Well, as someone says, you get the idea with that. Feel free to contribute a -charist in a comment!

3 comments:

minternational said...

I think what the world needs is an ABBAcharist.....because everyone knows that the love of Money, Money Money is a root of evil. And what were Paul & Silas really singing in that gaol? 'Gimme gimme gimme a man after midnight', someone to wash my wounds away? Maybe so. John Mark was urging Paul 'Take a chance on me' but he'd have none of it so they parted ways - I've no doubt Barnabas went on his way singing 'One of us is crying' but then that's The Name of The Game. Shame that Barnie missed out on the man from Macedonia calling out his SOS in the vision. And I guess for years, Lydia would muse on The Day Before You Came in her letters to Paul & Silas.

In due time, I guess the daughter of Herodias graduated from a prancing princess to a Dancing Queen. It's inevitable in this world of progress.

I could go on but When All Is Said And Done I guess we all have to face our own Waterloo...

The Masked Badger said...

which, as we all know, is where you do your best thinking...

minternational said...

Ooh! I'm too stunned to reply....