Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Quick Review: Running Scared -

Fear, Worry and the God of Rest - by Edward T Welch

Well, I don't often say these words, but here goes: this is one of the best Christian books I have ever read.  In fact it's one of the best books I have read, period.

It's a quick review so I won't flood the page with gushing comments.  But I ought to say:

Nothing is a quick, simple cure for anxiety and fear, not in this fallen world, not without direct intervention from God.  But on the long road to severing its power, this book could be one of the most useful, powerful helps you can get.  In fact although it is a book about worry, it is essentially a book about life as a Christian in the Kingdom of God.  It is comforting, but it is not soft - prepare to have some surprising areas of your life confronted.  Very well written, honest, resolutely Biblical, deeply understanding of the condition(s), with suggested practical responses, from a highly qualified professional in the field....it's one of the handful of books I would put on the list headed "Books I wish I had read when a young Christian which could have saved me a lot of bother".

(and thanks to Dickie Mint for inadvertently causing me to buy it)

No comments: