Thursday, April 01, 2010

#12 Long Distance Voyager


I'm not a full-on Moody Blues fan, but I drop in and out from time to time.  This album has a lot of memories for me from the era when Saturday mornings inevitably found me at the second hand record shop seeing what I could get for £2.   One day I picked up this.  The gatefold sleeve did it for me, plus I think I had heard Gemini Dream somewhere - but you will need some hi-res version to see what it was about the cover that attracted the teenage SF reader.

Anyway, I love the atmosphere of the album, the contemplative, slightly morose, dreaminess.  Key tracks for me:  Talking out of Turn, Meanwhile, 22,000 Days and Veteran Cosmic Rocker (which of course is probably about Minty).

Happy Easter!

1 comment:

minternational said...

I've been surprised by how much I enjoyed this - they were a fairly foreign field to me. I knew Nights in White Satin of course and Hayward's Forever Autumn but, beyond that, nothing really.

In places, they remind me of ELO, which is no bad thing.

I can relate to those Saturday mornings in the 2nd-hand record store, I did just the same! Found many a bargain that way.