Tuesday, January 27, 2009

#3 Chem 6a

This is a bit early as I can't post for a day or two. And it's a departure from Blondie...

I heard Switchfoot in 1998 (I think) when we ended up with a pair of free tickets to a Delirious? concert. They were pretty good, but were in the height of their radio-1-moody-look. The support band, however, were quite different: 3 Americans who looked jolly happy to be there, and played expertly, AND did the Chuck Berry jump at the end of big numbers. On the way out I bought The Legend of Chin album. Now this was before major label success/MTV awards/Spiderman2 etc etc so at this point the band were manning their own merchandise stall in the foyer! So yes, I have a signed copy of the album AND I have shaken hands with Jon Foreman!! I haven't washed since. Come to think of it I didn't wash before either, but that's besides the point.

Anyway, this could have been one of several songs, but I went for opening-guitar-riff-I -wish-I-could-play - Chem6a. It's not on LastFM, so here's the video:

Chem 6a

1 comment:

minternational said...

Yes, that's a decent track - interesting, with a Tayloresque quirkiness. And who couldn't enjoy that riff?

Cool.