Thursday, July 20, 2006

a Kempis 4 BR (before Rick)

We ought every day to renew our resolutions, and to kindle our fervour, as though it were the very beginning of our conversion, and to say - "Assist me, O God, in this my good purpose, and in Thy Holy Service, and grant that this day I may begin perfectly, for that which I have hitherto been able to carry out is as nothing"...
....Our success depends upon the strength of our purpose; and if we would make much progress we must use much diligence...
...always let us have something definite after which we are aiming; and let our resolves turn upon those things which we feel most hinder us.
Chapter 19

1 comment:

minternational said...

"let our resolves turn upon those things which we feel most hinder us"

I very much appreciate that thought.