Friday, August 01, 2014

Welch: doing hope (something of a manifesto) -the last quote!



We must do hope...We have bought the lie that tragedy is the last word...

How will I practice hope?  I plan to take a sabbatical from worry and pursue an obstinate optimism.  I anticipate falling on my face, but much less often than before. 
- I have some reasons to worry in the near future.  I plan to go completely against type and speak with hope to my wife when the threat comes closer.
- I know I have to practice, so I am going to meditate on passages like Psalm 27 and Psalm 46.
- I will speak about hope to my friend who has cancer.
- I will pray that I have power to turn quickly to Christ when I am afraid.
-I will listen to worry and go after it at its roots.
How will you protest? How will you do hope?


Running Scared, p308 &310.

No comments: