Sunday, May 10, 2009

#21 Baker Street

OK, I know I'm not going to convince anyone of my cutting edge style with this one but....in terms of perfectly constructed tracks, this gets my vote.

There is of course the sax, which through overuse on adverts etc has become maybe too well known, but it's a great riff (originally planned for guitar, and only accidentally recorded for sax when the guitarist didn't show up). There's the searing guitar solo (best on the album version, rather than the single). But also, it's got an idea: the forlorn seeking for something, the answer so near yet so far.

Anyway, here it is: Spotify LastFM

1 comment:

minternational said...

Cor, thanks for this! Really great stuff - 'takes me back' is very true but not true enough. Something about this song rivets it to the soul - I'm sure the sax has something to do with it but maybe it's also the theme he explores. Fab choice. I'm off for another listen.